Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

During the winter time, the clouds often hide the sun from view. Likewise, we may have cloudy days where the clouds of life sometimes cover up the Son in our lives. However, just as the sun is always there behind those clouds, so too is the Son of God always there when we are experiencing our clouds of life.
Today, I really realized that you don’t have to look at the sun in order to know that its’ there. Even without looking at it, you can feel its’ warmth and see everything around you that is illuminated by its' light. Likewise, we can know the Son of God, Jesus, is really there. We can feel His warmth and see everything around us that is illuminated by His light. We don’t have to see Him or look at Him directly to know that He is there, for all that we do see, hear, feel, and discern testifies that He is the Christ, that He lives, and that He lives and is here for us. I know that He lives, just as clearly as I feel the sun’s warmth and see it illuminate everything around me, I know that Christ lives. It is by the power of the Holy Ghost, that I know He lives. This cannot be taken away from me, I can only give this away. Whenever there have been times where I have doubted, feared, rebelled, etc. it has been because I hardened my heart, that I could not feel, and closed my eyes, that I could not see. In a sense, I hardened my senses so that when the sun was shining, I could not feel it, and while it still shone, my eyes were closed and I would not see. Often, the reason we will not, or cannot believe is because we will not open our eyes, our ears, and our hearts. Let us always strive to keep our minds, our hearts, and our eyes and ears open so that when God speaks, when Christ shines His light around us, we will ever be aware of His presence, and will have no need to fear nor doubt. I love my Savior because I feel His Love around me.
He Lives! This is true in every sense of the word.

-Jonathan-

No comments: