Sunday, May 11, 2008

Reflections of Christ

McKenzi was emailed this link (if you click on the title, it will take you to it) - http://mabrystudios.typepad.com/reflections_of_christ/2008/03/. This is a composition of beautiful, reverent music ("Come thou Fount") along with some live photos that were taken to reenact different times of the Savior's life and ministry. Some of these pictures are so good, that I thought they were merely paintings, but no, they used real people.

In light of this video, we would like to testify of Jesus Christ. We believe in Christ. He is our God, our Savior, and our King. We know that He condescended from heaven to show us the way we must go to receive Eternal life. We know that he took the sins of all mankind upon Himself so that ALL can have the opportunity to receive Eternal life, which includes Eternal joy and happiness. He suffered and died so that we can receive this Eternal life, and become joint heirs with Him in heaven. We also know that He lives! Not only did Jesus die for us, but he was resurrected - and He lives for us! One of our hymns describes better than I can personally express how and why He lives.

I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead.
He lives, my everliving head.
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.

He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.

He lives, my kind, wise heav'nly Friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while he lives, I'll sing.
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.
He lives and grants me daily breath.
He lives, and I shall conuer death.
He lives my mansion to prepare.
He lives to bring me safely there.

He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I KNOW that my Redeemer lives!"
He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"

We know that our Savior lives. We have not seen Him in person, but more powerfully than any physical manifestation is the witness of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit has born witness to us that Christ lives, he suffered for us, he died for us, and he lives for us. Of this we testify, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

1 comment:

Karl Johnson said...

That slide show is amazing! I thought they were painting at first also. Thanks for directing me to that link.